Windows look the best when they are treated the best. When you look out of the window, you want to see everything clearly and easily. What you don’t want to do is have to rub the window with your sleeve to get a clear view. Most people think that they have to hire a professional window cleaner and that’s why most dismiss the idea – they think it’s going to cost them a fortune. Window cleaning is easy. There really isn’t much to it. The biggest troubles you find with your windows are that the screen is dirty and grimy, the glass is smeared and cloudy, and the frames are dusty and dirty. However, if you follow our tips and advice, you’ll have gleaming windows in next to no time. Here’s what you should do.
Before doing anything, you must brush away the dirt and debris to ensure that there is no loose dirt hanging about. If you avoid doing this task, the dirt will end up sticking to your cloth and smearing all over the windows. So make sure you inspect it all before you begin the job.
Now follow these easy window cleaning tips to get yours looking great:
• Vacuum your screens with the dusting brush attachment from side to side and then top to bottom. This is the quickest method.
• Use a toothbrush to clean corners of your windows.
• Make sure you wash your windows from top to bottom so that it doesn’t drip and cause a mess.
• To make your glass sparkle, spray window cleaner on the glass until it is cloudy and wipe it away with a dry, clean cloth in horizontal movements. Do the same on the other sides of the windows.
• To get glass extra gleaming, polish them with newspaper. It really is a miracle worker because it leaves a film on the top of window that is resistant to dirt and grime.
• To eliminate scratches on your glass, polish them with an old toothbrush.
Glass cleaning products on the market can be quite expensive and if you’re going to be doing this task on a regular basis, which you should, it can end up costing you a fair amount of money. The solution: make your own. The great thing about making your own glass cleaner is that it doesn’t cost much to make and it works just as well as the commercial products. If you are interested in giving it a go, all you need to do is mix ¼ teaspoon of washing detergent, ½ cup rubbing alcohol and two tablespoons of ammonia. An alternative to ammonia is 3 tablespoons lemon juice. Place all ingredients into a spray bottle and fill the rest with water. Shake well and use.
To save you time in the future and to make it easier the next time you clean your windows, you should:
• Do it on a cloudy day. If sunshine streams through your window there’s a good chance it will make your cleaner dry too quickly, thus, leaving streaks.
• Pick the right products. You want to make sure you are using good, effective products on your windows so that they don’t get damaged. Make sure you use soft cloths to clean your windows and that your cleaning products are top quality.
• Do it regularly. You don’t have to clean your windows daily – nobody has time for that. As long as you keep on top of the job, there’s no reason why your windows shouldn’t look gleaming all the time.